This Doncaster-based firm is a top ten UK homebuilder.
Around 70% of Keepmoat Homes’ properties go to first-time buyers, but they offer a range of houses to suit different budgets and family requirements.
We take a look at:
- The company’s awards
- Keepmoat Homes’ business structure and outlook
- Customer reviews
- New homes for sale
- The advantages of buying a Keepmoat home
Let’s find out more.
Keepmoat Homes have been awarded 5* builder status in the National Home Builders Federation (HBF) awards for customer satisfaction. The award is made to builders in England and Wales who get at least a 90% rating in the HBF’s National New Homes Customers’ Satisfaction Survey, in which customers vote on new homes’ build quality, design, sales and customer care.
A total of 9 out of 10 buyers who have recently purchased a Keepmoat Homes property would recommend the firm to family and friends.
Keepmoat Homes also won the RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) Gold Health and Safety Award in 2021. This is awarded to companies demonstrating excellent occupational health and safety management systems, high compliance levels, low or reducing rates of error, and no fatal or major injuries due to employer negligence.
Business structure and outlook
Operating across Britain, Keepmoat Homes is made up of nine regional businesses, divided into north and south divisions. Since 2009, they have built 19,000 homes.
Keepmoat Homes works with local authorities and housing associations to deliver homes quickly; their specialty is in transforming brownfield sites into housing developments and 70% of its development is carried out that way. They build houses ranging from two-bedroom apartments to terraces, semi-detached and detached four-bedroom homes, and offer multi-tenure properties.
Keepmoat Homes state:
We create modern and thriving new communities. Our developments are thoughtfully designed to encourage a strong sense of belonging and community spirit. Our vision is `Building communities. Transforming lives.’ Great customer service is at the heart of everything we do. Ensuring our customers are supported through their journey with us, meeting their expectations and providing them with a high-quality home is extremely important.
The company is environmentally focused, building sustainably and thinking about long-term social outcomes for more people. Their house designers put an emphasis on flexible living space, maximising natural light and using clever storage ideas as well as thinking about the whole development working as one and making each street varied and interesting.
Customers reserving a new home will be kept up to date with its build progress via a Customer Journey Book, and before moving in, will be given a demonstration of how everything works. After moving in, a customer care team will deal with any queries.
Customer reviews of Keepmoat Homes
According to the Trustpilot review site, Keepmoat Homes scores 3.6 stars out of 5, based on the following customer ratings:
Trustpilot reviews from people who have bought a new home from this builder include:
Thank you to the site team for building me a good quality new home, there are a few minor snags as to be expected but they have been dealt with straight away!
Went above and beyond snagging extra bits and sorted my door out for me which the door contractor was unable to do previously, amazing work.
I’ve had nearly 200 snags, which in all fairness have mostly been fixed quickly internally by friendly people. Externally, I’m still waiting for many repairs and have had to keep chasing about it several times.
The cheap materials and poor craftsmanship do not reflect the dream we were sold.
The rooms are more spacious as compared to others.
The HomeViews website, which bases its findings on information from people living in new homes, assessed 30 Keepmoat Homes developments. They gathered 450 reviews and the housebuilder was rated 3.68 out of a possible 5. Customers who have recently purchased new homes rated the developer as follows:
Homebuyers living on Keepmoat Homes’ Evolve development in West Yorkshire said in the HomeViews’ survey:
The design of the new development is very attractive.
Houses are thought through with bedroom sizes and facilities, storage etc.
Of the Timeless development in East Leeds, buyers said:
I never got my snagging list completed, moving to half painted walls edges, scuff cracks and paint splattered on windowsills and curtain poles in every room, plugs not fitted to walls properly.
The design of the house is really nice. The facilities are good as a whole.
Some Keepmoat Homes developments with properties for sale
Riverbank View (phase 3), Charlestown, Salford
This development is in its final phase and offers 2, 3, and 4-bedroom energy-efficient homes. It’s in a great location for first-time buyers, families, and downsizers with shops nearby and just 2.5 miles from Salford Quays and 3 miles from Manchester city centre, with great transport links.
Gaskell Gardens, Sheffield
2–4-bedroom homes are being built at this site which is four miles from the city centre. Prices are coming soon, and you can register your interest to get information about the latest plot releases.
Roman Fields, Peterborough
On the edge of Peterborough, this site offers 2–3-bedroom houses including terraces, semi-detached homes, and apartments. It’s close to open countryside while being 10 minutes from the centre of Peterborough. There’s a railway station four miles away with fast trains travelling to London in 50 minutes.
Jessop Park, Bristol
Reservations are being taken for this development which has an emphasis on being wildlife friendly. There will be a wildlife corridor with water features, green spaces, a pollinator park encouraging a wide variety of insects, a community orchard, play areas and public art spaces. Jessop Park stands four miles from the city centre and has a good range of schools nearby.
Amy Johnson, Hull
This development, named after Hull’s pioneering aviator, is minutes away from Hull city centre. It offers two- and three-bedroom houses on a site with lots of open space and walkways. The First Homes Scheme is now available on selected plots.
Advantages of buying from Keepmoat Homes
As with all brand new homes, you are presented with a blank canvas, ready to transform to your individual taste, but they also offer other advantages:
- You can choose options, such as kitchen and bathroom fittings, details such as colours, tiles, and extra electric points. Once you reserve a home, you will be invited to an `Option Meeting’ to discuss the choices available to personalise your home – it’s also possible to add luxury upgrades.
- No chains and delays in waiting for them to be resolved.
- A range of schemes to help you purchase a home are available, such as Help to Buy, HomeReach, and Easymove.
- Buyers are kept up to date with build progress to allow you to plan for your move-in day.
- A house can be reserved from £250, which is taken off your deposit when the sale completes.
- Safety features come as standard, such as electric wiring using the latest circuit breaker technology to guard against electric shocks and mains-powered smoke alarms, removing the need to check the batteries.
- Energy-saving technology such as energy-efficient boilers, high-performance windows, and high levels of insulation make a Keepmoat Homes property cost-effective to run while reducing your carbon footprint.
- A network of experts is available to help you secure a home, from independent financial advisors to identify the best mortgage for you, to conveyancing solicitors.
- High-performance building materials are used, and homes are covered by a 10-year NHBC (National House Building Council) Buildmark warranty which covers items such as foundations and structure, or the LABC (Local Authority Building Control) structural warranty.
- Keepmoat Homes also offer their own 2-year warranty which covers items such as doors, windows, kitchens, and bathrooms, fixtures, fittings, heating, and woodwork.
Have you bought a Keepmoat Homes property?
If so, we would love to share your views about the purchase process and build quality with our readers.
Please leave us a comment in the box below.